[kde-solaris] Solaris and KDE

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Tue Jul 29 12:05:49 CEST 2003

Hi Stefan,

I am very sad to here that. Did you talk to sysadmin at kde.org  or
ftpadmin at kde.org about that? I'd like to hear their reasoning.

There was an earlier case similar to that and I remember and when I asked they
argued, that there was a security issue and no updates available  (I think it
was about version 3.0.1 or so). So they said - people should not rely on
dangerous packages, which is indeed an argument which has its points.

Security and other packaging issues are being discussed at the non-public list
kde-packagers at kde.org. Are you subscribed to this list? If you are packaging
KDE regularely, you should definitily be subscribed there.

Still I am very sure, this issue will be resolved soon. I cannot imagine, that
someone in KDE is not interested in the solaris platform. I am sure there is
some valid reason for this or it happened by accident.

Greetings,
eva