[kde-solaris] Problems with KDE 3.1.2 packages

Dan and Michelle Smith dssmms at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 06:26:41 CEST 2003

Success!!!!...almost :)
Creating the link to '/opt/kde' allowed me to view JPEG images.  I can use the background (wallpaper) images as well as use the konsole schemas.

However...I am still having problems w/ my hot keys.  I did a little poking around and realized NONE of my hot keys work.  I can type in the complete alphabit (a-z,A-Z), but none of the 'CTL-key', 'ALT-key' or 'SHIFT-key' sequences are recognized.  For example, if I am in a konsole window (active), and I hit 'CTL-TAB', I 'should' move to the next desktop.  Instead, my bash shell asks me if I want to display all 253 selections.  This leads me to believe my 'CTL' key is not being intercepted by the server.  Any suggestions?  I would try the xmodmap except I am not sure what to map the keys to.

Thanks again
Dan

Bob Meader <bob at cci.net> wrote:
Due to the fact many of the required support stuff is built in 32 bit only (especially if downloaded
from freeware) I built all the support stuff to the specific location /opt/kde. Notice most builds
of KDE are 32 bit only.
You might try adding xmodmap to remap the keys...some builds of KDE dtlogin do that.
Hey if kconsole echos the entire alphabet under kwm you're doing better than me!
It's Xserver dependent.