[kde-solaris] kde compile script

Cyrill Rüttimann kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Thu Feb 27 09:46:09 2003

On Mittwoch, Februar 26, 2003, at 11:09  Uhr, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> Folks
>
> Inspiration for KDE compilers on Solaris ...
>
> http://computing.ee.ethz.ch/sepp/kde-3.1-to.SEPP/
>
> check the INSTALL.*
>
> This is my script for compiling KDE and most required libraries on
> Solaris and Linux.

Tobias,

I have been following your advises in the previous version (3.0) and
now looked up the new version. I had problems compiling arts and just
solved the problem.

In your script, you compile mad just out of the box.
On my system (Ultra60 with sound card, Solaris 9 12/02), I have to pass
the following arguments:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-shared --disable-static
--without-esd

- the esd option prevents from compiling, so I disabled it like you do
in other packages like libao
- enable-shared allows me to compile arts, arts does not compile with
static libraries

Below, I have included my setup. Please notice, that I have downloaded
the newest versions for packages I compiled myself:

Sunfreeware.com

application SMCautoc                         autoconf
application SMCautom                         automake
application SMCcoreu                         coreutils
application SMCdiffu                         diffutils
application SMCegd                           egd
application SMCexpat                         expat
application SMCflex                          flex
application SMCgawk                          gawk
application SMCgcc                           gcc
application SMCgettext                       gettext
application SMCghosts                        ghostscript
application SMCgrep                          grep
application SMCimlib                         imlib
application SMClibpcap                       lpcap
application SMClibt                          libtool
application SMClpng                          libpng
application SMClungif                        libungif
application SMCm4                            m4
application SMCmake                          make
application SMCncurs                         ncurses
application SMCnmap                          nmap
application SMCprngd                         prngd
application SMCpython                        python
application SMCsed                           sed
application SMCtar                           tar
application SMCtracer                        traceroute
application SMCunzip                         unzip
application SMCjpeg                          jpeg
application SMCtiff                          tiff
application SMCzlib                          zlib

Compile
cronolog                                     ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

sudo                                         ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

ctags                                        ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

openssl                                      ./Configure
solaris-sparcv9-gcc
                                              ./config
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make test
                                              make install

cups                                         ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make,
                                              make install

Berkeley DB                                  cd build_unix
                                              ../dist/configure
--prefix=/usr/local

libmng                                       ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

audiofile                                    ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

libao                                        ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local --disable-esd --enable-arts --with-pic
                                              make
                                              make install

lesstif                                      ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

libogg                                       ./configure
--prefix/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

libvorbis                                    ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

mad                                          ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local --enable-shared --disable-static --without-esd
                                              make
                                              make install

sane-backends                                ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

SDL                                          ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local --disable-esd
                                              make
                                              make install

libxml                                       ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

libxslt                                      ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

libart                                      ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

pkgconfig                                    ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

qt                                           ./configure -prefix
/usr/local -docdir /usr/local/qt/doc \
                                              -plugindir
/usr/local/qt/plugins -datadir /usr/local/qt \
                                              -libdir /usr/local/qt/lib
-bindir /usr/local/qt/bin \
                                              -R/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -I/usr/local/include fast\
                                              -release -shared -qt-gif
-system-zlib -no-g++-exceptions \
                                              -platform solaris-g++
-thread -qt-imgfmt-png \
                                              -v -xft -xrender -freetype
\
                                              -no-stl -system-libjpeg
-system-libpng -system-libmng
                                              make
                                              make install

glib                                         ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local
                                              make
                                              make install

doxygen                                      ./configure --prefix
/usr/local --platform sunos-g++ --install install
                                              make
                                              make install

KDE
arts                                         ./configure
                                              make
                                              make install

Regards (Grüsse) Cyrill