[kde-solaris] kde31 packages for sparc ready - Installed and now no access to machine

Paul Hands kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Thu Feb 20 17:30:24 2003

--=-r/L7VYGh2W1/dLsSXEDi

OK, help, anyone!

I installed the Solaris 8 packages in
http://www.rlac.de/pages/thefrog/kde.html with pkgadd.  All appeared to
go well until I logged out in order to try running KDE.  All I get is a
blank screen with a CDE style dialog box saying "Login incorrect :
Please try again"  and an OK button.  Clicking on the button simply
causes the button to appear to be pushed, but nothing else changes.  I
rebooted from scratch, and I get the same situation.  I can no longer
rlogin or telnet to the machine in question, so I basically have no
access.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong with the login process or what
is wrong with the KDE installation, or how I can get into my machine to
try to fix it?

Sun Blade 100, Solaris 8, was running gnome2 and CDE quite happily up
till this.

Paul

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 07:15, Rainald Lampl wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 February 2003 17:33, Paul Hands wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Will the binaries be made available?  I'm having no luck in 4 days of
> > trying to compile QT3.1 KDE3.1 for Solaris 8.
>
> Hi Paul,
> Sorry for my delay. You can find the packages on:
>
> http://www.rlac.de/pages/thefrog/kde.html
>
> I didn't tested them for myself, but is has been reported that they work fine.
> Have fun ):-
>
> Rainald
> > Paul

--=-r/L7VYGh2W1/dLsSXEDi

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
OK, help, anyone!<BR>
<BR>
I installed the Solaris 8 packages in&nbsp; <A HREF="http://www.rlac.de/pages/thefrog/kde.html"><FONT SIZE="3"><TT>http://www.rlac.de/pages/thefrog/kde.html</TT></FONT></A> with pkgadd.&nbsp; All appeared to go well until I logged out in order to try running KDE.&nbsp; All I get is a blank screen with a CDE style dialog box saying &quot;Login incorrect : Please try again&quot;&nbsp; and an OK button.&nbsp; Clicking on the button simply causes the button to appear to be pushed, but nothing else changes.&nbsp; I rebooted from scratch, and I get the same situation.&nbsp; I can no longer rlogin or telnet to the machine in question, so I basically have no access.<BR>
<BR>
Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong with the login process or what is wrong with the KDE installation, or how I can get into my machine to try to fix it?<BR>
<BR>
Sun Blade 100, Solaris 8, was running gnome2 and CDE quite happily up till this.<BR>
<BR>
Paul<BR>
<BR>
<BR>