[kde-solaris] KDE on Solaris Companion CD

Dan kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Tue Feb 18 18:44:03 2003

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 10:11:47PM +0530, Devendra Deshpande wrote:

> Actually, you can build Qt with Xrender/Xft/fontconfig/freetype2
> and you will get AA for KDE apps (drawn with the core protocol, as
> opposed to via XRender extension on the server side).

The Xsun included with the Solaris 9 12/02 MU now includes
Xrender support.  The RENDER module is loaded into Xsun by
default, but libXrender.so is placed in /usr/openwin/sfw/lib
I assume to let you know that it is still "experimental".

Has anyone been able to successfully use it yet?  I built
Xft with Xrender support, but any app that uses that Xft
library crashes as soon as it tries to draw a font.  I built
QT and KDE with Xrender support (but not Xft) hoping that it
might render the new default icons more handsomely, but there
was no change.

--
Dan