[kde-solaris] klauncher fails, breaks session

Laurent Blume kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Wed Feb 12 20:28:07 2003

After a small while, I'm starting to get errors from KDE apps: when I try to
start one, I get a message indicating 'KLauncher isn't reachable via DCOP'.

I've read the logs, and found this a bit before that behaviour starts:

kdeinit: Got EXEC_NEW 'kio_http' from launcher.
kdeinit: fork() failed!
: Not enough space
klauncher: Exiting on read_socket errno: 0
kio_http: kioslave : exiting due to alarm signal
DCOP aborting call from 'kded' to 'klauncher'
DCOP: unregister 'klauncher'
kded: ERROR: ERROR 3: couldn't create slave : Impossible de dialoguer avec KLauncher

>From then on, I get those errors:

kdecore (KSocket): Socket 3 did not connect: No such file or directory
kdecore (KSocket): Failed to connect
kio (kioslave): SlaveBase: failed to connect to
/tmp/ksocket-laurent/klauncherwhbaaa.slave-socket

I understand I have *only* 256 MiB of memory, but is there another way to avoid
those errors than getting 1 GiB more ?
For information, system is Solaris 9 x86, QT 3.1.1, KDE 3.1.

Thanks!

Laurent