[kde-solaris] bzip2 for KDE3 on Solaris 8

M Hawkins kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Mon Feb 3 12:26:05 2003

On Friday 31 Jan 2003 11:23 am, Wout Mertens wrote:
> Related problem:
>
> I built the shared .so myself, with the proposed changes in
> README.COMPILE_ERRORS<...>. The configure test for BZ2_... is broken on
> Solaris: When it runs, it fails with a 'relocation remains on readonly
> segments' error from ld. This error only exists on Solaris, and it mean=
> that the test file has to be built with -fPIC as well.
>
> Has anybody had the same problem or is it just me and am I wrong?

I had the same problem, it seems to be that the test is being compiled wi=
th=20
the -shared flag.  This is causing the linker to add a -z text option.

I fixed the problem by commenting out the line in the configure script th=
at=20
says:

=09cxx_shared_flag=3D"-shared"

Which is just before the bzip check section at about line 35867

--
Mike Hawkins                                                Building E2  =
 =20

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at intadmin@awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.