[kde-solaris] Unlock screenlock as root

steleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Wed Dec 17 13:43:18 CET 2003

Hi!

I would try this trick -- i haven't tested it myself so it's merely a guess:

I would install kdepasswd, kdesud, and xscreensaver setgid root. Which is a
potentially huge security hole ...

When i get back to NYC and i will have access to the code, i'll think of a
way of implementing this in code -- for example the screensaver should ask
for the root password if the uid/gid of the person who locked the screen
does not match the uid/gid of the person who is trying to unlock it ?

Just a thought.

--Stefan