[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1.4 Solaris 8 released

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sat Dec 13 21:30:29 CET 2003

Hello Everyone,

I am very happy to let everyone know that i have uploaded all the
packages for KDE 3.1.4 SunOS 5.8 (Solaris 8) built with the Sun Forte
8 compilers. The packages can be found in:

stable/3.1.4/contrib/Solaris/8/*

A few notes:

- Noatun now works, and can play *.wav files
- The X Session hang on exit bug fixed
- Significant performance improvement (Forte 8 generates faster code)
- A few extra goodies in SUNWkderequired
- Patches are available for download

<CHARMING GRIN>Please, please, please, pretty please,</CHARMING GRIN>
take a few minutes off your busy schedules and read the installation
instructions -- there are a few, simple housekeeping tasks to be
performed in order to get KDE running well.

This distribution requires Sun OpenGL 1.2.3 (freely available for
download from Sun).

The default installation directory trees are:
/opt/qt-3.2.2-32
/opt/kde-3.1.4
/opt/fsw4sun

If you have any questions, or need help, please post here -- i will
try to answer as soon as i can. I may be Internet-less on the 16th,
which is when i am going on vacation. But, my wireless internet
service seems to work quite well, and i should be able to be back in
touch with the virtual world later that evening.

I wish everyone a very happy and peaceful Holiday Season!

Enjoy KDE!