[kde-solaris] Solaris 9 64 bit startup problem

Lars Tunkrans lars.tunkrans at bredband.net
Thu Aug 28 23:39:35 CEST 2003

robert_kislin at bankone.com wrote:

> Thanks for the information, but the issue is not setting up dtlogin to
> work with KDE.  I have that set up fine.  As KDE begins to load after
> logging in, ksplash comes up, but it crashes just after starting to load
> the desktop.  I keep getting ICE IO failures.  I'm not certain where it is
> happening, but kdesktop does not load.

   Well then you have to find out why !

   Login to the sun system over the network from another screen.
   Use telnet or whatever you are comfortable with.

   su to root.

# ps -ef | grep dtlogin
     root   338     1  0 21:52:20 ?        0:00 /usr/dt/bin/dtlogin -daemon

# truss -rall -wall -vall -fao /tmp/trace  -p 338 &

   Atempt to Login on the graphics console with KDE.

After the KDE-KRASH , kill the truss process and analyse the trace.