[kde-solaris] Pkgtools, 64-bit, etc.

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Mon Apr 28 23:04:18 CEST 2003

This is pretty much what i have packaged in SUNWkderequired. I did not
include the sane libraries, readline, openldap and samba. I did
include the new version of bzip2, Imlib and Imlib2, doxygen,
ImageMagick, the full GTK 2.0 , CUPS, libXpm, and a fully functional
build of Xine 1.0 (which works very well). My thought was to build
everything that is required by KDE with Forte 7 and eliminate any
dependencies on GNU <ducking> :-) Since the release last week i have
also built GTK 1.0 and i am now working on porting XMMS.

It is very true that packaging all this stuff into one package is not
the best way of doing it. But then what is the alternative. I would
find it quite irritating to have to install 23 separate Sun pkg's
just to get some graphics and sound libraries. After which, i would
have to start installing KDE. :-) Maybe i should split them up into 2
or 3 packages. What i know i should definitely do is split the GTK
1.0 and 2.0 paths and not bundle them together. So, i should have a
new set of packages done within a week or so.

--Stefan

-----