[kde-solaris] Toolchain sanity

Henri Servomaa kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Wed Apr 2 12:12:01 2003

Hello list,

I was able to compile qt-3.1.1 and a basic kde-3.1.1 under
Solaris 8 (gcc-3.2.1) without much trouble and the desktop side
of things is just fine.

However, lately, many packages (emacs, stunnel, tcpwrappers etc.etc)
fail to compile for reasons that I cannot understand. (ie. do not make
sense)
After trying to get to the base of the problems, my feeling is that
some Solaris/gnu/kde libs and/or headers do not like each other.

Since people on this list seem experienced with all of the 3 "worlds"
above
I would like ask for advice on how to set-up a sane compiling
environment
based on gcc-3.2.1 and gnu-tools.

Any pointers welcome.

I will make some notes and contribute all my findings back to the list
when I reach enlightenment on this subject :^)

TIA

--
Henri T S