[kde-solaris] Re: https://

Günther DIRKS kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Fri Nov 22 12:38:00 2002

On Thursday 21 November 2002 11:20, Philippe Bourdeu d'Aguerre wrote:

> I tried without success to have access to https URLs.
>

> kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING:
> library=/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6:
> file=/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: ld.so.1:
> /usr/local/kde/bin/kdeinit: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced symbol n=
ot
> found

Hello Philippe,

this will probably not help you, but may be you should have a look at it:

I have KDE 3.0.4 on Solaris 8, same OpenSSL, but no /dev/random.

I also had a problem with https-Sites. I found two things out:
1. As I have no /dev/random, I had to use the "Use entropy file" option. With
/dev/random this option should not be selected.
Did you try turning this on and off?

2. The directory of my OpenSSL-Libs was not in RPATH. Instead of solving the
problem properly I did it the quick & dirty way: I created softlinks for
libcrypto and libssl in my $KDEDIR/lib
I doubt that this the solution for you problem because your OpenSSL test in
konqueror is OK. Nevertheless, you can try it.

Regards

Günther Dirks
EBSP Anwenderbetreuung
mailto:extern.guenther.dirks@volkswagen.de