[kde-solaris] pkgs gone to??

Eva Brucherseifer kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Sun Dec 22 12:30:00 2002

> Well, after reading "the whole" thread it sounds like there are
> productionplatforms for kde 3.1 for sparc solaris 7,8,9 -:)

Actually the platforms are binary compatible, so I wonder, if we really need
to duplicate the work.

BTW, is there any interest in KDE 3.0.x or a security update to KDE 2.2.2?

> So prototype files and a small makefile seems to be helpfull.
>
> My way to create these files is to install every kde tarball to an empty
> target directory, run pkgproto and edit the resulting file to make it

This is how we built KDE 3.0.1. After some search I found the Makefiles we
used last time. You'll find them here:
http://www.rtr.tu-darmstadt.de/~eva/download/KDEsolaris.tar

> relocatable (just get rid of the BASEDIR variable). This way pkgadd will
> ask the installer where to go.

You also need to compile all packages relocatable. Otherwise QT/KDE will not
work at another location.

> Does anybody knows about pre- or postinstall stuff?
> From my point of view there are none, but I must experience it ...

No, we didn't use it. I added some config files for dtlogin and the
install/build instructions to the tar file, maybe it is of help.

Greetings,
eva