[kde-solaris] lib

Thomas Bennett kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Tue Dec 17 21:24:00 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:46, Oleg Goldfild wrote:
> I try now to install KDE from RPM package but I am missing library
> libc.so.1 I do have it on system and LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to that library
> folder Why it is not working it still looking for dependable libc.so.1 what
> I can do to fix it
> Can I copy from /usr/lib libraries to /usr/local/lib will it work?

Suns libc should be in /usr/lib.
If RPM is complaining about missing libc then it is because libc was installed
as an RPM package on the system that the RPMs were built on, or because libc
was in a different directory on that system. Perhaps the build had glibc
installed in /usr/local/lib.
You could try creating symbolic links of /usr/lib/libc.so and
/usr/lib/libc.so.1 in /usr/local/lib.

--
Regards
Thomas Bennett