[kde-solaris] ypbind error in startkde

Hans Meine kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Thu Dec 12 10:30:01 2002

Hi!

I am trying to install the KDE_3_1_BRANCH CVS version here at our university
 on SunOS-5.8-machines. When starting startkde (or "LD_BIND_NOW=true kdeinit
+kcminit +knotify" by hand), kdeinit does not return but the system keeps
yelling at me every some seconds:

Dec 11 15:39:39 kogs2 ypbind[19211]: service not installed, use
/usr/sbin/ypinit -c

What kind of service is not installed? I can"t tell our sysadmin to type any
command without explaining to him why that"s necessary. ;-/ I am not aware
which part of kdeinit/kcminit/knotify tries to contact that NIS stuff..

Thanks for enlightening me,
  Hans