Hello GSoC students!

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon May 29 02:00:39 UTC 2017

So happy for all the response!

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 6:03 AM, Lukas Hetzenecker
<lukashetzenecker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Nice of you to ask! Community bonding has been a joy so for, things
> are going pretty well. Everything is ready for official coding start
> on May 30.

Excellent.

> I'd like to use this opportunity to start a discussion on this list
> about this years Akademy in Almería. I've just booked my flight and
> will be there from 21st to 24th of July.
> Are there also other student on this list who expect to go to the
> conference? If yes, it would be great if we could organize some kind
> of a GSoC-get-together. Anyone else interested in this?

I hope quite a few of you are interested. It's a bit late too ask for
funding from the e.V. but you can still try:
https://reimbursements.kde.org/events/40

Please tell us if you are coming, so that you can give a brief talk
about your project and how it's going. For many of us, this is our
favorite talk of the entire Akademy! We can certainly schedule time
for the students as a BoF or informally gather for a meal together as
well. We often have a session with students, mentors and anyone else
interested in becoming involved in Student Programs. By the way, this
should include former GCi and SoK students as well.

> Thanks to all of you for your great support, it's really appreciated,
> Lukas

Thank you students for your awesome proposals, and thanks in advance
for your work on behalf of the KDE community.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez