Hello GSoC students!

英杰无敌 yingjiewudi at gmail.com
Sat May 27 14:54:32 UTC 2017

Hi,
I am Yingjie Liu with digiKam this summer. I am glad to here you all.
During the community bonding time, I got familiar with digiKam and KDE
community. I am also clear with what I have to do this summer. So far, I
have completed the task which I listed in the timeline "Finalize Eigenfaces
algorithm in Community Bonding Period". I have sent the patch and code
files to my mentors to review, waiting for their response.

However, I met a problem with phabricator. In StatusReports page(
https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2017/StatusReports), I want to change the
wiki page, so I clicked "Login with Phabricator", then it went to
Phabricator login page which said "Login or Register with LDAP", I typed
with my kde identity with username "yingjieliu" and password. After
authentication, I loged into KDE Community Wiki, but it ask me to choose
between "Login to existing (local) account" and "New Wiki Display Name", I
chose "New Wiki Display Name", and typed "Yingjie Liu" as Wiki Display
Name. Then I can change the wiki page.

Then, I met a problem: the second time I want to log in  with Phabricator,
it still ask me to choose between "Login to existing (local) account" and
"New Wiki Display Name" after authentication. If I choose "Login to
existing (local) account" and type my kde identity with username
"yingjieliu" and password, it will say "Wrong credentials.". If I choose
"New Wiki Display Name", and type my last display name "Yingjie Liu", it
will say "This Account already exists.", if I type another display name, it
will say "Database error".

I think there may be some mistakes in my operation. Can anyone tell me how
to login StatusReports page with Phabricator again?

Best wishes,

Yingjie Liu.

> Please reply to the list and not me personally.
>
> How are you doing? Do you feel that you are properly integrated into
> the KDE community, and into the team you will be working with? How are
> things going with your mentors? Do you feel comfortable with git,

phabricator, and the codebase you will be working on? Have you found