Regarding GSoC 17 (Atul Sharma)

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 08:54:01 UTC 2017

Hello Atul,

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 8:36 PM, Atul Sharma <atulsharma406 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am Atul Sharma. I am pursuing Information Technology Engineering, 3rd
> year. I want to participate in GSoC 17 in the plasma-mobile project. I would
> like to ask how can I start developing in the plasma-mobile so that I get
> familiar with the code and contribute to it.
>
> Regards
> Atul Sharma

I'm responding to you particularly, but also to all the new students
I've noticed joining the KDE-Soc list. A quick websearch should find
you the mail list for the project you are interested in, and perhaps
more information as well. Most teams have an IRC channel on freenode
and/or a Telegram channel. One feature of freenode people may not know
about is alis, which you can use to search for channels. Use it this
way, on a new line:
/msg alis list *searchterm*

Please, if you ask a question in IRC -- stick around for the answer.
It is very discouraging to scroll up to find questions I can answer,
only to find that the asker has left. None of us are online 24/7, but
many of us active in IRC have a "bouncer" so we can read what has been
written while we're away. Use us! Stick around.

Our codebase is all at cgit.kde.org, but check out the project sites
and wikipages for any special instructions.

Finally, this list is for your use, all you students. Ask questions of
one another, and point out useful things you have found. We value
teamwork in KDE, and you can use this list to practice that. Some of
us mentors and admins read the list as well, and will jump in as
necessary. We value collaboration over raw talent, or even hard solo
work. Help one another, and grow the friendliness of the KDE
community.

Valorie, part of the GSoC admin team

--
http://about.me/valoriez