KDE Session 2018

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 22:30:59 UTC 2017

Hi Aditya,

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 10:27 AM, Aditya Upadhyay <aadit0402 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was following
> https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source/Details
> link to set up the environment.
> But I am getting this error.
>
> git clone kde:phono --branch master
> Cloning into 'phono'...
> ssh: Could not resolve hostname kde: Name or service not known
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
>
> Is there another way to clone this repo?
> Any help would be highly appreciated.

> Thanks & Regards,
> Aditya Upadhyay
> M.Tech - Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad,
> Voice: +91-9128811628 (M)
>

> On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 10:21 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Aditya Upadhyay <aadit0402 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Hello Developers,
> >>
> >> This is Aditya Upadhyay. I have completed Google Summer of Code-2017,
> >> Student Internship at RTEMS Organization.
> >> I am really interested in KDE Session 2018 and want to participate. I
> >> am new to KDE Session. For a beginner, Would you like to suggest me
> >> some open projects or Please point me some docs, so that I can start
> >> with that?
> >>
> >> Thanks & Regards,
> >> Aditya Upadhyay
> >
> > Hey Aditya,
> >
> > Great to hear you are interested in working on something cool in KDE.
> > A good start is this guide: http://archive.flossmanuals.net/kde-guide/
> >

> > Cheers
> > Lydia

This is exactly the sort of question that should go to your fellow students
and perhaps the KDE-devel list if nobody here can help. It sounds to me
like your environment is not yet completely set up. Be sure to closely
follow the instructions on the previous page,
https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source before
moving onto the details. My clue to this is the error message "ssh: Could
not resolve hostname kde: Name or service not known".

Also, we can better guide you to your areas of interest if you talk about
what software teams you might be interested in working with. KDE is an
enormous community which produces everything from web software such as
WikitoLearn to hard-core scientific analytics, office productivity, KDE
Games, education, art, mapping, and on and on.

The most important question, is what are you passionate about, and how do
you want to make the world a better place?

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez