Getting started with kde

Nick Shaforostoff shaforostoff at gmail.com
Mon May 2 11:51:30 UTC 2016

Hi! It is always better to 'scratch your own itch', i.e. find something
that is missing for you in KDE/open source and implement/fix is. if it is
too hard then write to someone from developers of the component (find them
via about box and/or git log).

for example, if you happen to download torrents sometimes, you can help us
by porting some of its plugins to KF5:
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=ktorrent.git&a=tree&h=f74a137eb8ea30dbe19a3d482b55caab9d4c85f1&hb=665cc04543c587a3145b805b0420e40ac076bdf6&f=plugins

in CMakeLists.txt
<http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=ktorrent.git&a=blob&h=1898dda35d98ca3f7cd7172ee8e4c10bb56dd2eb&hb=665cc04543c587a3145b805b0420e40ac076bdf6&f=plugins%2FCMakeLists.txt>
you'll
see that some plugins are outcommented with '#' sign - this means that they
still are not ported to KF5, while other may serve as an example of such
porting.