KDE-SoC Kopete IRC Protocol

R.Harish Navnit harishnavnit at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 10:21:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Narek Babajanyan <
narek_babajanyan at edu.aua.am> wrote:

> Greetings everyone,
>
> I'm writing to express my interest in participating in Kopete IRC plugin
> development project.
>
> Short introduction: I'm a 2nd year Computational Sciences student at the
> American University of Armenia. I have a background with Java/Android
> development, however learning Qt development will not be a problem. I'm
> willing to dive into this particular project since I have some experience
> with the IRC protocol (mostly from making IRC bots).
>
> In the meantime, I'll try to work on some minor bugs to familiarize myself
> with the code.
> Looking forward to working with all of you,

Thanks for your interest. If your project involves you to rewrite code from
scratch and if you are on a KF5 environment, then you can write the code in
Qt5 and push to the kf5 branch in the main repo, if needed.

That was just a suggestion, I'll let Pali make the call :-)

Thanks,
R.Harish Navnit
The Enigma <http://harishnavnit.wordpress.com>