KDE-Soc Telegram group

Alexander Semke alexander.semke at web.de
Fri Mar 11 08:44:01 UTC 2016

Nicolás, Valorie, thank you for your answers.

> As far as I know there is nothing open about Slack.
>
> The Telegram protocol is public, every official Telegram client is free
> software, there are no features limited to paying users...
> [...]
If I understand it correctly, there is nothing open about the server
implemenation and infrastructure. So, I'm not sure how much the openness on
the client side help here.

I also found this older article
http://unhandledexpression.com/2013/12/17/telegram-stand-back-we-know-maths/
which I found quite interesting, especially the longer discussion in the
comments between the author of the article and some guy from Telegram.

But I understand your arguments for the practical matters. Thanks again.

Regards,
Alexander