Interested in GSoC 2017

kaushik saurabh roideuniverse at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 23:49:58 UTC 2016

Hi Sayantan,

Very cool to hear that you are interested. For more than over a decade KDE
has mentored newbies to go on and become excellent open source
contributors. There is one common trait of success that I would like to
suggest you and that is - you have do your homework. This means that you
have first google for your questions and look for answers. Questions like
have been answered multiple times over the period of many years.

There are plethora of project available in KDE. A simple search like KDE
project will lead you to quickgit.kde.org when you can see an exhaustive
list of projects.

Now when it comes to selecting a project its something that you will have
to do. In Open Source we look for people who are passionate, take ownership
of the code and are involved in a project because they want to improve a
project. My suggestion would be to select a project that you think you
might keep working on for a couple of years and you would have personal
interest in.

Goodluck!

--
Kaushik