GSoC 2015 summary for Google blog and dot, 2nd Draft

Alexander Semke alexander.semke at web.de
Sat Oct 31 09:16:47 UTC 2015

Hi,

https://notes.kde.org/p/GSoC2015_summary

some minor changes were done and new sections were added for projects where
additional information was provided to me that I missed before. Please have a
look at the second draft.

Somebody added this part:
"5. PIM
Michael Bohlender worked on creating configuration dialogs for the new "
I removed this incomplete sentence.

There're still many open issues, see the list below.

*Lydia*, we wanted to have this blog done at the end of this month. Since the
end of the month is comming soon, I'd suggest to publish this blog even if we
don't mention all the projects done in this summer. The blog is quite big
already and give a good overview of many projects, I think. Let's give the
second draft two or three days yet so the minor changes can still be applied
and let's publish it afterwards, if there're any objections to this plan.

Regards,
Alexander

P.S.:
I have bad feeling about the summary of the work done by Wolthera for Krita.
For me, for a non-expert in this area, it looks like a remarkable amount of
work was done. But due to the lack of the domain specific knowledge (and/or
intelligence) I'm not able to provide a concise summary about the achieved
results. Please help to improve here.

Similar problems I had with the final report for "Plasma 'appstore' both
desktop and web client"
(http://wolfcliff.blogspot.com/2015/08/ocs-client-gsoc.html). Please help to
add the corresponding summaries here. I'd put them to the "Misc"-section.