Google Code In 2014 : Call for participation

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:31:44 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 7:24 AM, Heena Mahour <heena393 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello :)
>
> As we know that KDE is accepted in Google Code In 2014 among the other 12
> organisations, we would like to invite the developers with previous
> contributions to KDE to participate as mentors.
>
> Please keep one thing in mind that mentors should have contributed to KDE
> already and should be aware of the tasks they want to mentor.
>
> Please share your doubts, in case any.
>
> For further information, go through [1] on what, how and why :)
>
> Regards
>
> [1] http://heenamahour.blogspot.in/2014/11/google-code-in-2014-call-for.html

To be precise: new mentors should always consult with their team about
GCi participation and the specific tasks. Since students are
participating from all around the world, often more than one mentor
will be needed for some of the tasks, depending on circumstances. It
can get pretty crazy on weekends and holidays.

It is important that we provide tasks that teach the kids a bit,
contribute to the project, and leave everyone with a good feeling
about the KDE community and our software teams.

All the best,

Valorie