Query regarding GSoC rejection

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Mon May 12 21:58:58 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Lydia Pintscher
<lydia.pintscher at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Ajay Singh <ajaysimple91 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>> My proposal on Jovie didn't get selected in GSoC 2014 even after
>> successfully completing my SoK on Kanagram. I was 2nd student from my
>> college to successfully complete SoK. Could anyone from kde give me reason
>> so that i can improve myself and my proposal for next GSoC.
>>
>> Regards
>> Ajay Singh
>
> Hey Ajay,
>
> Thanks for reaching out about this and sorry for not getting back to
> you earlier. Can you send me a link to your proposal please?
> Jeremy: Can you please provide some more feedback for Ajay as well?
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

Ajay,

As I told you before I think the main reason your proposal wasn't
selected was because it was for features not found important (or as
important as other features) and involved a lot more than most SoC
proposals involve (changing both Jovie and speech-dispatcher itself
adding a new feature to both in addition to other tasks in only Jovie
codebase).

BR,
Jeremy