[GSoC Project] Lightweight QtQuick-based compositing window manager for X

Alexander Mezin mezin.alexander at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 13:38:15 UTC 2014

> Hi!
>
> (student application period is over anyways, isn't it?)
Yes, but I've submitted the proposal before deadline.

> On Sunday 23 March 2014 15:12:04 Alexander Mezin wrote:
> Most likely. Additionally, kwin spends much effort currently to get away from
> the X platform, so yet another X window manager doesn't seem like a very
> future-proof project to me.
If you read the proposal more carefully, you could see that:
a) I plan to localize all X-related code in one module
b) high-level design is much like design of wayland compositor
c) I am not against doing wayland port later

And
d) Are you sure wayland-based desktop will be ready for daily use in
next year or two?