GSOC 2014 project: iOS Integration

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 01:50:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 5:02 AM, Victor Polevoy <vityatheboss at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all! I want to realize this project but I can't connect with mentor -
> Àlex Fiestas <afiestas {+at+} kde.org>
>
> I've sent him few emails, tried to contact him in irc few times but he is
> not responding. I've wrote proposal already and don't know what to do now
> because mentor is not anwering me.

Hi folks, I just want to give a couple of general tips to students. It
is a tense time of year for you, but please use that nervous energy to
fix a bug or two, put your proposal through a spell-checker, or so
some more research.

In addition, you might consider getting a BNC account set up with the
sysadmins. One of our former students tells you how here:
http://samxan.wordpress.com/2014/03/08/how-to-get-an-irc-bouncer-with-znc-for-kde-developers/

Writing to your prospective mentor privately is fine, but remember:
S/he is only your *prospective* mentor. Writing to the team and CCing
that person is almost always a better idea, until later. Even then,
remember that the whole team is working together with you.

All the best,

Valorie

PS: http://blogs.fsfe.org/myriam/2013/04/15/so-you-want-to-be-a-summer-of-code-student/
- can't be repeated too often. -v