Fwd: [GSOC 2014] project : Improve sharing experience

Aaron Zakhrov aaron.zakhrov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:39:19 UTC 2014

hmmm maybe I picked the wrong project :(
The reason its so tentative is because I know next to nothing about Avahi
and UPnP. About the only thing I know about in networking is getting Apache
up and running along with MySQL and configuring it with a static IP
address. What I have most experience in is Phonon. I would really love to
add DVD playback support using solid for my Media player but since KDE
already has both Bagarang and DragonPlayer not to mention older stuff like
kaffeine and KMplayer having another  media player is kinda redundant.
What do you suggest? Do I submit a proposal for integrating WebPhonon (my
application) with Solid and KDE (and hope to find a mentor this late)? or
try my hand at the sharing experience?