[GSOC 2014] project : Improve sharing experience

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Sun Mar 2 13:57:54 UTC 2014

On Saturday 01 March 2014 03:08:49 Mitul Modi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently pursuing my B.E. degree in Computer Engineering and
> presently in 3rd (pre-final) year. I want to contribute to KDE in GSOC
> 14.
>
> I have knowledge of C/C++ ,JAVA and Qt framework. I have basic
> knowledge of networking and protocols. I have basic knowledge of Git.
>
> I have attended KDE meetup 2013 (
> http://dot.kde.org/2013/03/07/kde-meetup-2013-india ) and I am very
> motivated after attending hands-on sessions of Qt and other KDE
> topics.
>
> I have read all ideas of this year and I am interested in project
> "Improve sharing experience".
> It would be great if you can give some guidance on how to start this
> project.
>
> I don't know appropriate mailing list or IRC channel for this
> particular topic, like for amarok and digikam there are separate
> mailing lists.
> So if you can tell me appropriate mailing list and IRC chanel it will
> be helpful to me for further communication.
>
> Thank you.

Hi there

There are a few things I would like to see done as part of this GSoC:
-Extend KDE Connect to receive/send files PC to PC.
-Rework network:/ kioslave (UPnP service discovering)
-Work on UPnP support (here you will need to do some research)

You mention in your email you have have experience with Qt, can you tell me
exactly on which parts of Qt? Also if you could point me to some code of yours
that would be awesome :)

Cheers!