KDE Remote

Stephan Goosen stephang at mweb.co.za
Fri Apr 26 10:06:01 UTC 2013

Hi Guys,

I'm a second year student, and I've only done Java programming so far.  I've taught
myself some C++, but that is still in infancy.

So, I thought a GSoC project that I might attempt, is something I've been thinking
about for a while:  An Android App, to serve as a remote control for KDE.

The idea is basically, that I can use my phone to control the KDE setup connected
to our TV through Wi-Fi.  We currently use our TV to serve as a media-center,
server and also display presentations during business meetings.

So, I want to write an app that can change the volume, switch between activities,
and also launch the programs and documents associated with a given activity.

*But, I have no idea if this is a viable idea, or which mentor to approach to discuss
it, so I was wondering if someone could point me in the right way?*

Thanks,

Stephan Goosen