Questionnaire for Open Source Contributors

shrikrishna.holla at gmail.com shrikrishna.holla at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 17:46:19 UTC 2012

If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out
online:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dG1GTjZRcEFSZ0lmQXRfRjYzanZaQ0E6MQ

Questionnaire for Open Source Contributors

PES OpenSource Community, a band of open source enthusiasts and evangelists
from PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India, is bringing out an
e-magazine with articles and interviews of various OpenSource contributors.
Please answer this simple questionnaire and give a link to your pic and
we'll put it up in a special section we are going to make for these
interviews :)

Name *

E mail ID * So that we can inform you when the magazine is out

The organization you contribute to * Separate multiple organizations with
commas

How many years / months has it been since you began contributing? *

What motivated / inspired you to begin contributing to Open Source? So that
our readers can ponder over it and decide they should begin to contribute
too

What were the difficulties you had to face when you first began? So that
our readers can be prepared when they approach the communities of their
choice and be void of unnecessary fears or prejudices

What has been the best thing about contributing to Open Source? So that our
readers feel that contributing to open source is really cool and they would
benefit a lot from doing the same too

How do you feel that Open Source can bring a change in the world that we
live in? So that our readers can *believe* that by contributing to open
source, they are contributing to making this world a better place

URL for the link to a publicly accessible pic of yours So that we can make
our readers realize that open source contributors are one among them. So
that they can picture themselves as open source contributors and dream
about having their own pictures come up in this section in the future!