AW: Google Summer of Code - Suvey

Andreas Schilling andreas.schilling at
Sun Jun 10 09:03:12 UTC 2012

Hi Shantanu,

first of all please excuse my late reply, I was on a conference last week where I could not respond to your email earlier.

You are correct some questions are indeed similarly phrased and I am sorry for that. The reason why I have to do this is that the statistical tools which I use for my survey require this. People differ in the ways they report and recognize changes in their motivations or their social feelings so I have ask some questions which sound similarly to identify social or motivational changes.

I am really sorry if that might annoy you, but please understand that those questions are necessary to derive a clear picture from the changes GSoC students experience during the event.

Best Regards

Von: Shantanu Tushar Jha [mailto:shaan7in at]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2012 10:36
An: Andreas Schilling
Cc: Martin Klapetek; kde-soc at
Betreff: Re: Google Summer of Code - Suvey

Hi Andreas,

And one question I always had in mind, while filling the surveys, there were some questions repeated 2-3 times at different places, why was that?

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Andreas Schilling <andreas.schilling at<mailto:andreas.schilling at>> wrote:
Hi Martin,

Yes this is a multi-year research, sorry if I haven't made this clear.

To derive scientifically approved research results I need at least 120 responses. Last year roughly 90% of all KDE GSoC students participated in the survey. I hope that this year an equivalent percentage of GSoC students will provide me with feedback so that I can do and publish the required data analysis this year.

Best regards