GSoC mismatches with German semester holidays

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Sun Feb 19 17:37:32 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 18:16, Felix Rohrbach <fxrh at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at the time table for GSoC and saw that coding begins 21. May,
> while my semester holidays (as German student) begin 13. July, so half of the
> coding period is while I have university. But I'm quite sure I saw other
> German students taking part in GSoC last years. So is it still possible to
> take part in GSoC for me?

It entirely depends on your workload and ability. Assume that GSoC is
a full-time job with 40h/week. If you can do university next to that
for half the program and not let GSoC slide then that's ok. In general
students should not have another major commitment next to GSoC though.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE Community Working Group / KDE e.V. board member
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org