Final Google Summer of Code Survey

Andreas Schilling andreas.schilling at uni-bamberg.de
Wed Aug 22 14:31:05 UTC 2012

Dear „Google Summer of Code“ students,

First of all, thank you for your participation in my last survey. I know
you all had work to do, therefore, I really appreciate your help.
Considering the relatively small sample of mentored students at KDE
2012, every single answer you have provided was very valuable to me for
examining the lasting effects of mentoring initiatives.

Today, I would like to ask you one more time for your help. Nearly three
months have passed since you have started Google Summer of Code and the
event is coming to its end. During your mentorship you have probably
made considerable new experiences in KDE and learned new aspects in how
to design and develop open source software. To account, for these
experiences and how they might have changed your contribution motivation
or continuance intentions, I would like to invite you to my final GSoC
survey.

Based on the concerns and suggestions of last years’ GSoC students I
made this survey like the previous one non-public. To participate in it,
please follow the link in the invitation email which should be in your
inbox or your spam folder. If you have not received an invitation email
yet, please contact me directly, not via the mailing list, so I can
provide you with the private key to the survey.

Based on your feedback to my last survey I did my best to eliminate all
unnecessary questions which could have sound similar to you and replaced
them with alternative questions. I hope you will like this survey more
than the last one. If not please do not hesitate contacting me, I really
appreciate every feedback.

Finally, please let me thank you one more time for your help. Only
because of you and your participation, I am able to evaluate the
long-term effects of mentoring initiatives at KDE. I hope you are eager
like I am to see how the lasting effects of mentoring initiatives at KDE
look like. I assure you that I will publish the aggregated results on
Lydia Pintscher’s weblog as soon as I finish my study. I whish you all
the best for your career and your future.

Thank you sincerely and see you

Andreas