Regrading compilation of KDE application

tushar mehta mehtatus at gmail.com
Fri May 27 10:18:43 CEST 2011

hi karan,

that was good reference. I followed it and I am done with
installing kdesupport and kdelibs.

To install kdenetwork, I need to install kdepimlibs and kdebase.

when i am trying to install kdepimlibs it is giving me this error:
-- The following REQUIRED packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- You must install these packages before continuing.
  * * Nepomuk  <http://www.kde.org>*
*     Support for the semantic desktop, including indexing of PIM data*
*     Nepomuk is part of kdelibs*

CMake Error at
/home/kde-devel/kde/inst/master/share/apps/cmake/modules/MacroLogFeature.cmake:152
(MESSAGE):
  Exiting: Missing Requirements
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:204 (macro_display_feature_log)

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are
set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake
files:
NEPOMUK_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED)
    linked by target "akonadi-contact" in directory
/home/kde-devel/kde/src/kdepimlibs/akonadi/contact
    linked by target "akonadi-calendar" in directory
/home/kde-devel/kde/src/kdepimlibs/akonadi/calendar

Press <ENTER> to continue...

I am missing one library: *Nepomuk*
It is a part of kdelibs then why I am not getting it when I install kdelibs?

I am almost done.

when I am compiling kdenetwork i am getting this:

L*inking CXX executable kget_test_transfers*
*/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/kget_test_transfers.dir/testtransfers.o: undefined
reference to symbol 'QFile::encodeName(QString const&)'*
*/usr/bin/ld: note: 'QFile::encodeName(QString const&)' is defined in DSO
/usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4 so try adding it to the linker command line*
*/usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4: could not read symbols: Invalid operation*
*collect2: ld returned 1 exit status*
make[2]: *** [kget/tests/kget_test_transfers] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kget/tests/CMakeFiles/kget_test_transfers.dir/all] Error 2
[  8%] Built target metalinktest
make: *** [all] Error 2