problem while compiling kdepim

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu May 26 16:04:12 CEST 2011

2011/5/26 Kuldeep Gupta <kuldeepgupta183 at gmail.com>

> hi Guys,
>
> I am getting a error while compiling KDEPIM in the following command,
>
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDE4_PREFIX -DKDE_DEFAULT_HOME=.kde4
> -DSYSCONF_INSTALL_DIR=/etc/sysconfig ..
>
> and in message log:
>   -- Enterprise build is disabled.
> -- Found Qt-Version 4.7.2 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
> -- Found X11: X11_X11_LIB-NOTFOUND
> -- Found KDE 4.6 include dir: /usr/include
> -- Found KDE 4.6 library dir: /usr/lib
> -- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
> -- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
> -- Strigi API needs 'signed char'
> -- Found gpgme-config at /usr/bin/gpgme-config
> -- Found gpgme v1.2.0, checking for flavours...
> --  Found flavour 'vanilla', checking whether it's usable...yes
> --  Found flavour 'pthread', checking whether it's usable...yes
> --  Found flavour 'pth', checking whether it's usable...yes
> -- Usable gpgme flavours found:  vanilla pthread pth
> -- Found libassuan-config at /usr/bin/libassuan-config
> -- Found assuan v2.0.1, checking for flavours...
> --  Found flavour 'vanilla', checking whether it's usable...yes
> -- Usable assuan flavours found:  vanilla
> -- NO usable assuan found for Kleopatra

> -- The following external packages were located on your system.
> -- This installation will have the extra features provided by these
> packages.

>    * Boost - Boost C++ Libraries
>    * The Boost Topological_sort header - topological_sort.hpp (part of
> Boost_graph)
>    * Akonadi - Akonadi server libraries
>    * ZLib - The Zlib compression library
>    * Strigi - Index metadata of files
>    * gpgme - GNU Privacy Guard (GPG/PGP) support
>    * QGpgME - The QGpgME library
>    * Shared desktop ontologies - Desktop ontologies
>    * Soprano - Semantic Desktop Storing
>    * Nepomuk - The Nepomuk libraries
>    * assuan - Assuan IPC library
>    * indicate-qt - Qt bindings for libindicate
>    * X11 screensaver extension - X Window Screen Saver Development Library

> -- Congratulations! All external packages have been found.

> CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are
> set to NOTFOUND.
> Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake
> files:
> X11_X11_LIB (ADVANCED)
>     linked by target "kalarm_bin" in directory
> /home/kuldeep/kdepim-4.4.10/kalarm
>     linked by target "knotes" in directory
> /home/kuldeep/kdepim-4.4.10/knotes
>     linked by target "kcm_ktimetracker" in directory
> /home/kuldeep/kdepim-4.4.10/ktimetracker
>     linked by target "ktimetracker" in directory
> /home/kuldeep/kdepim-4.4.10/ktimetracker
>     linked by target "ktimetrackerpart" in directory
> /home/kuldeep/kdepim-4.4.10/ktimetracker

> Can anyone help me out?
>
> Regards,

Really? do we have to get all the "I can't compile" mails here?

Please note that everyone in gsoc is here and maybe you don't need the whole
KDE community to help with your problem. That's a good place where a mentor
can fit or maybe IRC.

Sorry for cutting the mood like that, but nobody wants this list to be noisy
if we want to keep reading it.
Aleix

PS: The answer is in the error message, sounds yoda-ish but not really,
error messages are to tell people what's wrong.