Desktop Summit 2011 in Berlin (time sensitive)

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Sun May 22 17:32:23 CEST 2011

Heya GSoC and SoK students :)

As you might know there is going to be a large conference in Berlin in
August - the Desktop Summit which is the combined conference of KDE and
GNOME. It would be awesome to see many of you there. Among other things we
will have a 45 minute slot in the talk program to show some of our GSoC and
SoK projects together with the students from GNOME that are there. We're
also pondering a dinner with all students - still need to figure out details
with the GNOME admin though.

So three tasks if you want to attend:
1) register on desktopsummit.org to attend the event
2) tell me that you are going to attend (also if you're not 100% sure yet)
so I can plan the lightning talks and dinner and stuff
3) ask the KDE eV board for sponsoring if you need it - details about that
can be found on ev.kde.org and I am happy to answer questions - also ask for
invitation letters if you need it for a visa

*Please do all of this before the end of the month!
*

Cheers
Lydia

--