SOC

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Tue Mar 29 15:47:49 CEST 2011

On Monday 28 March 2011 10:00:43 Виктор Булдаков wrote:
> Dear Mr/Mrs,
>
> my name is Victor Buldakov, I'm a student at Kostroma State
> Technological University, Russia.
> I would like to take part in "Google Summer Of Code-2011" with a
> project on KDE project .
>
> I have an idea to use Symbian mobile phone camera as a webcam.
> This project includes two constituents: a phone-"server"(C++ or
> Python) and Linux-client (Qt, ???, V4L2, OpenCV).
>  Linux-part will be universal, so in the future it will be easily
> supported on any android/iphone/maemo/etc phone.
> It could be  useful to connect phone by USB or Bluetooth.
While I think that the idea is great, there already is a project that does
exactly this [0]. I've used it already and it's works pretty well. However, it
doesn't seem to be maintained that well - so rather than re-inventing the
wheel, you might want to improve the already existing project.

[0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/smartcam/

--
Arno Rehn
arno at arnorehn.de