[GSOC] How to submit my own ideas

Virtosu Sava virtosu.sava at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 16:00:24 CEST 2011

My view of future developing of KGeography :
1. Acctually to implement TODO list : implements political maps support for
geographical (rivers, mountains, etc) is almost there if the map is
carefully crafted. Example: Have the map all of the same color, then for
each river, mountain, etc create a box big enough of the wanted color and
then associate the color of the box with the name of the river, etc.
2. To add inside of the program, a tool what will permit you easily add new
map. Actually here:
http://edu.kde.org/kgeography/tutorials/kgeography-addmaps.pdf are described
by some of earlier developers method of adding new maps, but will be more
better to implement  this in to app. Also related to this, maybe to
implement some tools for painting more careful and better maps. (colors that
are right now implemented looks ugly).
3. Implement possibility of getting some hints while solving/answering to
the questions in quiz.
4. Implement some quiz related to history of some country or region (in
dependence of the map). (This can be extended in future as one of the major
features of this application).
*5.To make a database in which should be kept all maps (with good
description) and using implemented tool, you can download/upload new maps in
your program.
*6.To make or to port Kgeography to some mobile platform such as Android,
IOS.
* - not so necessarily

Please give me feedback or maybe some suggestion.