midterm evaluation

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Sun Jul 11 22:09:42 CEST 2010

Heya folks :)

It's time for the midterm evaluation starting tomorrow until the 16th.
I expect there to be an announcement email on the student and mentor
list from Carol with details tomorrow. Please please fill it out in
time. If you can't do it yourself in that timeframe come and talk to
one of the admins if you haven't already.

@students (both GSoC and SoK): Please don't just fill out the midterm
evaluation but also sit down with your mentor and give him some
feedback about what is working well for you and what isn't. This is a
good time to take a short break and see how things are going.
Midterm is also an excellent time for a status update on PlanetKDE if
you haven't posted regularly there so far. Let the community know
about the cool stuff you're doing. Now!

@mentors (both GSoC and SoK): If you can please sit down with your
student and talk about the review you will give him/her. They will not
be able to read it in Melange and it would be a shame to not give them
some feedback on how they are doing so far and where they might need
to improve.
If you plan to do the review last minute to see how your student is
doing until then please give me a short ping so I know I do not have
to poke you repeatedly. Else please do it early. That will really make
things a lot easier for the admin team with 50 students to keep track
of.

@SoK mentors and students: There is no formal review process for you
but I'd appreciate a quick email about how things are going.

Let me know if you have questions.
Admin team can be reached at kde-soc-mentor-owner at kde.org or in
#kde-soc on freenode.

Cheers and thanks a bunch