GSoC 2010 is a go!

Gregory Haynes greg at greghaynes.net
Fri Feb 26 18:02:41 CET 2010

Hello all,

A couple summers ago I participated in GSoC and created Kobby and
Libqinfinity as a result. For those who don't know, Kobby is a collaborative
text editor which is network compatible with Gobby. If you haven't checked
it out, I highly recommend doing so sometime (its probably available on your
distro).

The project has come a very long way since I started in 2008, but there is
still a lot of work that needs to be done before the average user would
consider using it regularly. A lot of usability improvements could (and
should) be made, an intuitive document up/download system is needed, and
theres also a long list of features that id like to add once these must
have's are completed.

I think Kobby would be a great candidate for GSoC this year and I would love
to be able to work on it all summer. Ideally a mentor for this project would
be someone with experience developing KTextEditor and/or UI Usability
experience, but neither should be required since theres lots of help to be
found from the KDE community.

Are there any mentors out there who would like to be part of this project
this summer? Any questions or recommendations for my application?

Thanks,
Gregory Haynes