Akonadi Top Level Collections

Igor Trindade Oliveira igor_trindade at yahoo.com.br
Sun Mar 1 13:21:52 CET 2009

On Saturday 28 February 2009 10:47:07 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi Igor,
>
> I was thinking about the issue of creating top level collections in an
> agent since this is currently limited to resources.
>
> What if the Akonadi<->Akonadi agent doesn't actually create top level
> collections, but rather creates the exact same resource as on the other
> side?
>
> Say for example the client side that there is a top level collection on the
> server side.
>
> It could then ask the server side which resource type is controlling this
> collection. If it is a maildir resource, the client side agent could start
> a maildir resource and let it create the top level collection, etc.
Yep, it would resolve some problems, in fact it would resolve lot of problems
right now we have others problem, when we want to synchronize contacts for
example some fields like:
name: John
tel: 6666

and in the server we have

name: John
tel: 7777

So what we do? it can be different persons ... the users choose what to do?
It needs a big study

> In some cases, for example an IMAP resource, this might make the whole item
> synchronization unnecessary since both Akonadi setups would share the same
> data through the IMAP server.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

[]s Igor