everything ok?

Rob Scheepmaker r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl
Sat Jun 20 16:11:52 CEST 2009

On Friday 19 June 2009 00:51:43 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Send us an email or blog about it. We'd really like to
> hear about your progress in case you are not bloging about it on
> PlanetKDE.

I was planning to blog about my progress soon. There was quite some code to
write to get to a point where I can actually demonstrate something that works.
At the moment I can basically access a published Plasma::Service over the
network. Requests are signed, authorized against a set of rules, and depending
on the result of this authorization, executed. There's still a quite
persistent crash I'm stuggling to fix which causes it to only work if an
authorization rule is made that allows everybody access to the service I want
to access. Actual validation of the signature is skipped in that case,
avoiding the very mysterious crash. But once I found out what causes that
crash (not easy, it's one of those mysterious crashes that seems to come out
of nowhere), I should be able to make a small screencast showing that I can
play/pause/seek amarok from a virtual machine by accessing the nowplaying
plasma service, where the host machine shows a nice knotification asking
permission. Stay tuned!

Regards,
Rob