Community bonding: hello!

roide roideuniverse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 16:54:33 CEST 2009

Hi Friends!
My name is Kaushik.
IRC nick : roide
I am currently in 3rd year of computer science, in Bangalore India.
For me getting selected for Kde in Google Summer of Code Program is like a
dream come true. And i still feel like i am dreaming. ;)

My project is about creating a Conversation Logging Framework for KDE.

The idea is to Create a generic logging framework which saves your
conversations in Akonadi.
In this project i will Create a Telepathy watcher which will use this
framework to log the contents of all text chats done using Telepathy IM
clients into Akonadi, with the feature of going 'off-the-record'.
Modify the Kopete logging Plugin such that Kopete logs can be saved in the
same Akonadi collections, resulting in a common chat storage space.
A Migration tool to migrate all your old Kopete logs to the new Akonadi
collections.

You can see the complete proposal here at
http://socghop.appspot.com/student_proposal/show/google/gsoc2009/roide/t123833272786

I will update more information on my blog, as soon as possoble.
roideuniverse.blogspot.com

--
Greetings,
roide at irc.freenode.net