Welcome to 2008 students and mentors

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Apr 26 23:18:25 CEST 2008

Finally I have got around to subscribing everyone. Welcome to the KDE
Summer of Code 2008!

First things first: administratrivia.

One)
====
I have subscribed the email addresses that you gave us in the Google web
application. If you wish to use a different address, you can either use
the mailman interface:
	https://mail.kde.org/mailman/options/kde-soc

or you can ask me to resubscribe you with your preferred address.

Two)
====
Past editions' students are still subscribed. If you no longer wish to
receive the messages, feel free to unsubscribe (or mail me).

Three)
======
This mailing list is about general Summer of Code communication. I will
post here messages about deadlines coming up or general communication
intended to all students.

However, your code communication should happen directly in the mailing
lists of the projects you're involved with. Please ask your mentor about
that.

In fact, for the next few weeks, you're supposed to mingle with the
community. So please, subscribe to the mailing lists and introduce
yourselves. Start looking at the code in your free time, asking
questions, understanding what will really be involved.

Four)
====
Each student is assigned, in addition to the mentor, an admin. The admin
is the person who you should talk to if you have a problem with your
mentor (for example, he's gone missing, he doesn't reply to your emails).

Good luck everyone!
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358