SoC article for KDE

Steve Tose stose at comcast.net
Tue Sep 11 02:01:07 CEST 2007

Hi, thanks for all your contributions!

I'm writing an article for KDE-promo and would like some feedback from
anyone involved in Google's Summer of Code relating to KDE projects.
I've already started the article, but need more info and would like an
in depth perspective on each and every project.

This will be promoted by KDE as well as posted on Google's Summer of Code blog.

Students:
The most important thing here is to focus on the key changes in the
code. Perhaps you've improved speed / reliability, implemented new
features or something else entirely.

Write me a couple paragraphs or just a few bullet points please. I'm
not a coder so I could misunderstand your contributions without YOUR
input. I assure you I will make every effort to communicate the
importance of your work. Thanks again for your effort!

I would like to provide at least 1, if not 2-4 sentences or bullet
points on each project. Please contact me personally if you have any
questions on what I'm looking for! Also please provide feedback on
your feelings / thoughts / perspective on KDE.

If time is short send something now and follow up later!

Mentors:
What were the original goals for the project? How did they change as
the project progressed? Please rate the effectiveness and add your
insights. What are your thoughts on KDE and what do you look forward
to in the future?

Again "If time is short send something now and follow up later!"

Admins:
Please add input as well. A great quote would be nice! As well as your thoughts.

Once again "If time is short send something now and follow up later!"

All:
Please be assured that some extra time now will translate to more
visibility for open source and free / libre software, KDE and the
future KDE 4, as well as your own project and development efforts.
Anonymous and semi-anonymous contributions are crucial, but we're all
very excited about the results of this on-going project and need your
help to shed light on the tremendous changes happening now.

Steve Tose
kde-promo