Final Project Summary

sachin gupta sachingupta107 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 12:35:22 CEST 2005

Hi,

So, we now farewell SoC - 2005. It was realy a big experience. First I would
like to thank my mentors
cornelius schumacher and thiago for mentoring my project
special thanks goes to Till Adam for final evaluation and useful tips with
hacking.
and Finally my congratulations to google and chris for running such a
wonderful program. Google has made it a habit to set standards. thanks Chris
!

My work was to add label support to kmail.
here is a brief report of work done until now.
completed:
apply labels
remove labels
context menu for same
add, delete label
click on labels is working fine.
labels in fancy headers.
labels in tool tip (basically a transperancy is added to show up on click,
need to improve it to work like tool tip)
all major suggestions you gave have been worked on (only one or two minor
ones may be remaining)
filters: create filter and execution are working fine, need to work on
deletion and edit.
------------soc deadline---------------
todo:
add search capabilities
improve on back end ,it is still a text file
---------future maintenance:
Polish existing features.
migration to QT4.
remove bugs as they are found. (right now I have a good lengthy list of
known bugs ;-) ).

thanks,
sachin