Status Report for KCall/VoIP

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Mon Jul 25 14:30:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

Am Freitag, 22. Juli 2005 12:01 schrieb Malte Böhme:
> another note for those who want to try it out:
> code is found in branches/work/kcall-tng/.
> you need to checkout (svn co -N playground/pim/) the build-system from
> playground/pim and then checkout my code as a subfolder.

when compiling the new code, I found out that it has a dependency on libffmpeg
which Malte already acknowledged.

Now there is the problem, that e.g. suse doesn't included libffmpeg, because
it contains patented code (mpeg2, etc). I don't know about other
distributions, but I can hardly imagine, that they don't respect the patents.
I've checked gnomemeeting which suse ships, and it seems they didn't compile
libffmpeg in here neither.

Is there any guideline on how KDE handles this?
I must say, I would also prefer that we don't depend on libffmpeg.

Greetings,
eva